Badminton World Federation (Badminton)
Latest News & Results
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the world governing body for the sport of badminton.
The BWF is empowered by the IOC and the BWF’s 179 Members to govern the sport of badminton worldwide.
BWF's main focus is regulating, promoting, managing and developing the sport worldwide. This can only be achieved in partnership with a range of stakeholders, the most important of which are BWF Members, the five Continential Confederations and BWF's commercial and media partners.
Badminton is a global sport accessible to all - a leading sport in participation, fan experience and media coverage.
To lead and inspire all stakeholders, deliver world class events and innovative development initiatives to ensure badminton becomes a leading global sport.
Key goals for the BWF are to:
- publish and promote the BWF Statutes and Principles
- encourage the formation of new Members, strengthen the bonds between Members
and resolve disputes between Members.
- control and regulate the game, from an international perspective, in all countries
- promote and popularize badminton worldwide.
- support and encourage the development of badminton as a sport for all.
- organize, conduct and present world class badminton events.
- maintain an Anti-Doping Programme and ensure compliance with the WADA Code.