The Hottest Sprintcar Driver In Australia Right Now To Saddle Up In The Monte Motorsports #17 Sprintcar This Saturday Night.
Regional Sports News
49th Annual Westernationals resets 22 Track Records!
As we work through the aftermath of the fantastic 49th Annual Westernationals we have discovered an unprecedented 22 new Local Track records were reset over the 2 days of racing!
This is quite an achievement when you consider Track Records can the set at any of the 9 National Open events over the season and is testament to the high level of track preparation coupled with the great air conditions that enable tuners to get the most out of their engine combinations.
Below is a list of the new track records;
Peter Xiberras – T/F 3.854 sec
Phil Lamattina – T/F 313.94 mph (505.28 km/h)
Chris Berias – C/AA 7.702 sec – 171.67 mph (276.28 km/h)
Glenn Wooster – P/M 7.156 sec – 188.39 mph (303.18 km/h)
Trent Morrison – CC/AA 6.645 sec
Michael Holister – BB/AB 8.454 sec – 167.70 mph (269.89 km/h)
Michael Buckley – RR/SM 180.38 mph (290.29 km/h)
Ross Townson – BB/CBN 7.536 sec – 170.98 mph (275.16 km/h)
Ross Smith – B/AB 8.146 sec
Todd Stacy – RR/G 7.558 sec – 183.47 mph (295.27)
Dean Dawes – RR/API 184.96 mph (297.66 km/h)
Moreno Gullotto – CC/API 7.031 sec – 187.72 mph (302.11 km/h)
Jake Chaisty – H/MSA 9.067 sec – 146.67 mph (236.04 km/h)
Sam Gullotto – BB/APIA 6.494 sec – 210.76 mph (339.18 km/h)
A full list of Perth Motorplex Track Records can be found on the Results page of the Website Here.
The next Drag Racing event at Perth Motorplex is the Outlaw Nitro Challenge featuring the final round of the Summer Slam Series with 11 Top Doorslammers on Saturday March 21 … Tickets just $25 to this event so mark it in your calendar now!
Wayne Keys #1668 – AA/AP (Competition Eliminator, Altered Production)
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 6.054 sec.
New 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 5.926 sec.
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) mph record = 234.37 mph
New 1320ft (1/4 mile) mph record = 242.95 mph
Trent Morrison #324 – CC/AA (Competition Eliminator, Altered, Automatic)
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 6.820 sec.
New 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 6.721 sec.
Jake Chaisty #2743 – H/MSA (Super Stock Eliminator, Modified Sedan, Automatic)
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 9.229 sec.
New 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 9.067 sec.
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) mph record = 145.96 mph
New 1320ft (1/4 mile) mph record = 146.66 mph
Todd Stacy #1607 – RR/G (Super Stock Eliminator, Gas)
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) mph record = 170.45 mph
New 1320ft (1/4 mile) mph record = 183.48 mph
Errol Quartermaine #689 – DD/G (Super Stock Eliminator, Gas)
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 7.726 sec.
Wayne Patterson # 775 – DD/CB (Competition Bike Eliminator, Competition Bike)
Old 1320ft (1/4 mile) ET record = 8.344 sec.
Phil Lamattina #145 – T/F (Top Fuel)
Old 1000ft mph record = 305.00 mph
Madusa (aka Debrah Miceli), has earnt her stripes as the Queen of Carnage as being the most daring and prolific driver of all time. She is a professional wrestler still active on the WWE’s network alongside today’s top talent, Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch to name a few. She has shared the squared ring with legends like Ric Flair and Macho Man Randy Savage for 18 years and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015.
Madusa entered the Monster Truck world in 1999 under Lyle Hancock and the famous Dennis Anderson and has had an illustrious career with many appearances and wins. Madusa is one of the most famous female monster truck drivers in the world and in Las Vegas in 2005, she was crowned the first female ever to win the Monster Truck World Finals racing championship against her teacher Dennis Anderson! Also, in Las Vegas 2004 she was crowned the first ever female to win the freestyle monster truck world finals championship.
Famous for performing back-flips in her truck, she was the only female competitor in 2005’s Super Bowl of Motorsports.
Madusa will be driving alongside a host of other International and Aussie drivers at the Perth Motorplex’s Monster Trucks Unleashed event on Saturday 7th March 2020. The family friendly event kicks off with a free pit party at 4pm until 5pm where patrons can get up close and personal with drivers and monster trucks including photo opportunities and autographs.
Other Pit Party Highlights include Speedway and Drag Racing vehicles on display with the drivers along with heaps of free kid’s entertainment.
Plus, a Monster Fireworks display will provide an awesome spectacle during the night.
Tickets are still available through Ticketmaster.
The post Queen of Carnage Madusa set to Unleash at Perth’s Monster Trucks! appeared first on Perth Motorplex.
Western Australia’s biggest drag racing event is coming up this weekend at Perth Motorplex and there are plenty of reasons that it remains a must-see for any motorsport fan!
We’ve narrowed down the list – but suffice to say we expect the place to be packed, so make sure you get your tickets online at motorplex.com.au and get ready for two days of drag racing awesomeness. Let’s begin:
- The return of Top Fuel – It goes without saying that Victoria’s Phil Lamattina and New South Wales’ Peter Xiberras are the headline act for the 49th running of the Westernationals. If you haven’t witnesses Top Fuel live before there is no better opportunity, as two of the country’s leading teams come in ready to blast down Perth Motorplex at over 500kmh. The ground-shaking power is something you just have to see in person.
- Eleven Top Doorslammers – WA’s Summer Slam Series is going from strength to strength right now and never will that have been better showcased than at the Westernationals this weekend as almost a dozen cars go head to head over both nights. Will John Zappia set the Australian record after going within a few thousandths of a second in January, or will his arch rival Daniel Gregorini spoil the party? Be there and find out!
- Nine Top Bikes – Western Australia has always had a strong range of motorcycles but to have a fully local field of nine bikes is something incredible. From Jay Upton’s mean streamlined missile seeking the first five second run on two wheels in Australia, to the world’s quickest amputee Benny Stevens, it’s action aplenty.
- Three Top Alcohol Dragsters – Fans of fast dragsters will have plenty of places to look including a match race between Nigel Johnson, Adam Marchant and James Kemp, who will be throwing down mid five second runs across the weekend.
- 28 interstate entries – The Westernationals has almost meant seeing new and unusual vehicles from across the country and this edition is no different. There’s Chris Berias’ sweetly-singing C/Altered Automatic hoping to disrupt Competition, Darren Saliba’s stunning Camaro in Top Sportsman, Adam Mundy’s gorgeous Modified dragster and plenty more int the pits!
- Six second fight – We reported earlier in the week that the fight for the first Pro Stock Motorcycle six second run at Perth Motorplex is on in earnest, so we had to make that reason six! See Ryan Learmonth and Victoria’s Glenn Wooster shooting for new track records.
- Perfect weather for records – Speaking of records, conditions are looking great to set some new performance benchmarks. The storms have left and it is time for two clear days of superb runs.
- National points – If you wonder why everyone tries that little bit harder at the Westernationals, national points in the Summit Sportsman Series might have something to do with it. A good performance at the Westernationals will give racers points that they can put towards a national championship.
- Gold Christmas trees – The famous ANDRA gold Christmas tree trophies will be on offer at the Westernationals. These iconic replications of the drag racing starting lights are something every racer strives for!
- 10,000 horsepower – We’re going to finish by reiterating just how cool Top Fuel is. You might think 10,000 horsepower is the whole pit area – nope! That’s just one Top Fuel dragster! It is power you can literally feel in your chest as the cars leave the start line. There is nothing like Top Fuel, and there is nothing like the Westernationals at Perth Motorplex – be there!
The post Ten terrific Top Fuel reasons (and more) to be at the Westernationals tomorrow and Sunday! appeared first on Perth Motorplex.
The return of Top Fuel dragsters is garnering many headlines ahead of the 49th running of the Westernationals at Perth Motorplex, but they won’t be the only pros match racing at Western Australia’s biggest drag racing event.
WA’s Ryan Learmonth and Victoria’s Glenn Wooster are set to ignite a battle for the first six second Pro Stock Motorcycle pass at Perth Motorplex – an honour Learmonth would love to have for a local team.
“For me it would mean a great deal as this is our home track and I have been racing here for 16 years,” he said. “So to run the first naturally aspirated six second pass on two wheels would be just right, and who wants an eastern stater to take that title, right?”
Wooster comes in with a significant advantage, having already made a six second pass in June last year. But with a personal best time of 7.07 seconds, Learmonth is roundly expected to be the next rider into the six second zone. He believes his team has the horsepower to do it.
“We are going into this event pretty confident of it happening. We know for sure with the power George Bryce, Mitch Brown, Rhett Lougheed and Gavin Forbes have given us its a 6.80 motor, but it’s all about getting the tune and clutch right for the day.
“With some testing at the last meet on a very soft set up we went two 7.11s, so as long as our first two passes are in that range I will be able to tune it to a six.”
With HMR Engineering, Jet Couriers, FME and Spiders Tilt Trays backing his Suzuki, Learmonth is keen to show Motorplex spectators what his team is capable of against Wooster’s Force Wear Group ride.
“I like to focus on what we’re doing as a team and I think that’s why we have been very successful lately. I know Glenn will run a six here, as they have a great team also. We just want our bike to perform as we know it can and we should see Australia’s first Pro Stock Motorcycle side-by-side six second pass. Hopefully we have gone deeper into the sixes than Glenn by the end of the weekend so we can keep the track record certificate!”
The Westernationals takes place this Saturday and Sunday at Perth Motorplex. For event tickets, make sure to book right now on motorplex.com.au!
The post Pro Stock Motorcycles chase first Motorplex six second run! appeared first on Perth Motorplex.